Saturday, November 19, 2011

How should I train for a relay race?

I'm considering doing the Reach the Beach relay race in NH. It's 200 miles and you get teams of up to 12 people. It starts in the mountains and ends at the beach and occurs within 24hrs. How do I train for a race that I'm not going to be running the entire thing? I'll be doing 3 legs of varying lengths equalling a total of about 16.6 miles. After each of my legs, I'll have down time until the rest of my team runs their legs. How do you train for something like this?|||You train for the distance of the leg you are running. If the longest leg is 10 miles you can train for that distance. You are going to have hours between legs, so you can rest. You know you can not run each leg as fast as you could if you were only going to run one leg, but you will be able to run very fast because you have a long time between legs.


Make sure you drink plenty of water and eat something between runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment