Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How do I get rid of side aches when running?

I'm training for a 200 mile relay race, but am struggling due to very painful side aches. Sometimes I can bare it, until it goes away, but other times I can hardly stand it. It took a lot of will power to get me off the couch everyday, and now that I'm finally motivated to run run run, I'm being discouraged by the side pain. Any thoughts?|||make sure you use proper posture and good breathing technique.here is a good atricle on side stitches|||Don't eat to much before a run.|||I am a 14 yr old runner. My mile time is 5 min 34 sec and I can run 10 miles in 70 minutes without drinking a drop of water or stopping. I hate it when my sides start to hurt.





There are many things that might help you:





Don't drink water or eat right before you go running.





If your sides start hurting then you can push your diaphram relatively hard. What this means is if you start to hurt then 'squeeze' like you are trying to fart. It sounds disguisting but it works.|||This worked for me...





It has something to do with loosening your body when you beging exhaling with your right foot.





Keep the rithm, if you inhale during 4 steps, exhale during 4 steps.





ALWAYS BEGIN exhaling when you hit the ground with your LEFT FOOT. This is the most important point.





For example, when you start.





Inhaling. Step 1. Left foot.


Inhaling. Step 2. Right foot.


Inhaling. Step 3. Left foot.


Inhaling. Step 4. Right foot.


Exhaling. Step 1. Left foot.


Exhaling. Step 2. Right foot.


Exhaling. Step 3. Left foot.


Exhaling. Step 4. Right foot.





As you get tired change the rithm...





Inhaling. Step 1. Right foot.


Inhaling. Step 2. Left foot.


Inhaling. Step 3. Right foot.


Exhaling. Step 1. Left foot. %26lt;-- Begin exhaling


Exhaling. Step 2. Right foot.


Exhaling. Step 3. Left foot.





It really helped me.

No comments:

Post a Comment