Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What should I do on my elliptical to improve my race speed?

I have an elliptical machine and I already do all my track workouts but I want to improve my speed in my races for track. I'm a sprinter right now, i run the 55m and the 200m relay my time's aren't bad but I want to improve them. How can i do that with my elliptical like what should I do? I already did the preprogrammed workouts and they're not bad but I don't feel like it's helping my speed. thanks for the help!|||An elliptical won't help your speed. It helps with aerobic baseline endurance, cardio and fat burning for the most part.





Go out and do interval and tempo runs instead in the 3-4 mile range to build anaerobic and muscular endurance. Use that as a warmup. Then go on a track and practice 10x 50M....the first 25M go all out, start shutting down and start coasting the last 25M.





Use the elliptical on RECOVERY days after hard workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment