Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Should I run with a constant speed or a charging speed when running?

I'm running in a 400m race. This race is not a relay race. If the answer is running at a constant speed please tell me more about where should I speed up (which what I was trying to ask for was, more details about the race) I would really won't want to let my team down. Thank You.





Ps: My race will start in 2 days.|||For this you really have to know your body and how long you can endure. If you are a runner I'm sure you know.





Start at charging speed for the first 3-5 seconds, then revert to your normal running speed. Maintain speed for the majority of the race.





You should know how long it takes you to burn out in a sprint, when you reach that distance from the finish line start sprinting.


If you started too early and you start burning out too soon before the finish line you'll have to use adrenaline and determination to ensure that you stay at your top speed, even if you'll be huffing, wheezing, feeling dizzy, whatever may come. There's only that small distance left to the finish line, give it every last drop of your effort and you can rest afterwards.


Other than that make sure your endurance is up enough to maintain a fast average speed during the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment