Friday, December 2, 2011

How to train for a 10km run and a 27km road bike race?

I am entering a two man team in the Red Cross Relay. My part in the race is a 27km road bike and a 10km run (in that order). I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to train for this or if anyone has any tips. I am in pretty good shape as I play on a University Soccer team and work out every day. I have less than 7 weeks before the race.|||The best way is training with double workouts or running or biking on opposite days. Your training for an endurance event so on hard days do long intervals such as 2 miles X 3 at 10K pace for running or 10KM X 4 for your biking with short rest periods of 2 minutes. Also run in 10K races or bike rides to get you ready. Your other training days can be easy jogging and riding. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment