Friday, December 2, 2011

My husband is participating in a relay, what do I make him for dinner?

My husband is running in the MyoMed Ragnar Relay in Utah. It is a 2 day race. I was wondering what to make him for dinner the night before and even for breakfast the morning of the race, I want him to have tons of energy!! Thanks for your help!|||chicken pasta is great. I ate it before all of my races. I would just make pasta and than grill or bake some chicken, cut it up and mixed it in with the pasta. For a sauce I would just take a little butter and garlic, melt it and put it on top. Italian bread and a nice salad is a great side for the pasta.


For breakfast a huge favorite of mine and with my athletes is a toasted bagel with peanut butter and a banana. It may seem to be a small breakfast for some but keep in mind you don't want to eat all to much the day of a race, if you do you could get stomach aches or cramping. if he doesn't like bananas another good choice is an orange.


Good snacks for a runner would again be bananas (potassium helps prevent cramps) or oranges(they taste good and they help hydrate because they are nice and juicy) honey and raisins provide natural energy fast. Pretzels are also a good choice. Tell him good luck and have fun|||Dinner: Pasta with some easy-digest veggies (look up online for examples)


Breakfast: NO MILK, maybe some orange juice eggs and ham! That always gives me energy. AND in between the races or when he has a break, try to find some good energy bars. These help a lot.|||Definitely go with Chicken pasta for dinner. As far as breakfast, just eat whatever he normally do. Add a power bar if his normal breakfast is light and do not include much carb.

No comments:

Post a Comment